HERE AT ANDERTON CONCRETE WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE PROTECTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND WE CONDUCT OUR PRODUCTION OPERATIONS IN AN ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE MANNER.
Anderton has documented, implemented and maintains an Environmental Management System (EMS) which is certified by BSI as being compliant with the requirements of the international EMS standard: BS EN ISO 14001.
Our EMS and related documented information provide a framework for measuring and improving our overall business performance, supporting our company strategy and business plan, and facilitating continual improvement.
In this way, we will:
- Commit to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution and other specific commitments relevant to the context of the organisation, and continual improvement of our EMS to enhance environmental performance.
- Commit to fulfil our compliance obligations.
- Continually develop and improve our operations and methods of work in order to:
- Manage all waste streams effectively by following the waste hierarchy, divert waste from landfill and enable efficient recycling.
- Use energy efficiently in the production of our products and minimise the emission of greenhouse gases associated with these processes.
- Use all materials in the most appropriate and sustainable manner.
- Use water efficiently to minimise demand on potable water supplies, and treat process and site run-off effectively to mitigate against pollution risks.
- Recognise and reduce the adverse social and environmental impacts of transportation.
- Procure constituent materials from suppliers that can demonstrate their environmental performance and responsible sourcing, including maintaining quality, environmental and health & safety management systems.
- Establish, review and communicate our environmental objectives and our performance against these objectives within the company and to other stakeholders.
- Train our staff in the needs and responsibilities of environmental management and ensure that the importance of environmental compliance is communicated and understood throughout our organisation.
You can download our Environmental Policy here.
You can view our ISO 14001:2015 Certificate (Nortwich and Bootle) here.
You can view our BPCF Sustainability Charter Member Certificate here.